Marlboro Homes - Things to consider when selling your home.
You have probably heard how important first impressions can be. But did you know that within 15 seconds a buyer has developed an opinion of your property? This is why establishing the right first impression is critical to a successful sale! My goal is not simply to sell my client's homes, but rather to help them realize the best price obtainable for their property. Based on proven marketing techniques, the following will introduce you to practical ideas on how to successfully prepare your house for sale. These suggestions require a minimum amount of time and expense and are designed to make your home stand out from the competition.
The Model Home Effect
The best way to make a buyer "feel at home" is to create an environment similar to that found in a model home. Now obviously you can not recreate the feeling of a perfect display home without starting from scratch, but there are some valuable techniques to be learned.
The Model Home Effect
- Neutral, clean and clutter free environment
- The colors and decorating accent the home's features
- The smell is new and clean and the lighting is bright
- All details are looked after, from manicuring the lawn to a
floral arrangement in the entry
The Marlboro Home Front
Your property's landscape is not limited to the lawn and shrubs but encompasses everything from the street to your doorstep. For this reason, you must make sure each component of the visual landscape looks it's best. The real estate industry refers to this as "curb appeal".
The Home Front Curb Appeal
- Keep grass healthy (fertilized, watered, mowed and edged). Mulch beds fresh, shrubs trimmed and leaves raked. Plant flowers, pull weeds and clean up after pets.
- Power wash house, sidewalks, and/or deck or patio if needed.
- Paint the house if needed as this is one of the best investments you can make to increase the value of your home.
- The doorway is the focal point of your home and if it needs; repainting, a hardware update, or a new light fixture do not hesitate to do so.
- Make sure the windows are sparkling clean.
- A quick painting of an old mailbox will let potential buyers know you care about the details. If outdoor lamps look rusted and worn out, replacing them will cast a positive light on your property.
The roof may be the single most important aspect of your home front. A well-maintained roof will say a lot about the overall condition of the property.
- Replace any broken or missing shingles
- Repair flashing where needed
- Paint eaves and fascia boards
- If the roof is old and needs to be replaced, consider having the work done before showing the property
Consider the surface condition of the drive-way, if it is an asphalt drive have it professionally resealed, or do it yourself with a high quality sealer. If yours is a concrete drive-way, power wash it to remove any stains. If needed apply a concrete cleaning solution and then power wash.
If you would like additional information about tips for selling your home, please contact me.
Like to see what your competition looks like in Marlboro, visit Marlboro Homes for sale.
Marlboro home selling tips.
Roy Giordano is listing and selling homes in the Marlboro/Manalapan area of New Jersey
Click here for a Free Listing Book Account
Broker Associate - RE/MAX Central
Mobile: 732-213-2438 | E-Mail: email@example.com | Visit my website
If you know someone who wants to buy or sell a home, please call me. View all of my real estate blogs
The greatest compliment I receive is when my family, friends, and customers refer me to others..